Halifax | B&B and Hotels , Pub
Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant
Information on Holdsworth House Hotel and Restaurant
- Disabled access
- Private Parking
- Sofa bed
- Travel Cot
- Walking friendly
The Restaurant’s three adjoining, beautifully furnished rooms (The Stone Room, The Panelled Room and the Mullioned Room) overlook the gardens. Each offers a unique atmosphere, a lovely original fireplace and stone mullioned windows to the outside world.
Our motto is fresh and local. We buy produce from Yorkshire suppliers and prepare all meals fresh. We want our food to speak for itself; great flavours, fresh ingredients all made with passion.
Children are welcome at Holdsworth House. We have a special children’s menu available and a selection of rooms that can accommodate one extra bed or a cot/crib. There are also a number of interconnecting rooms for families with older children.
Holdsworth House has seen its share of celebrity guests over the last 50 years whilst in the caring hands of the Pearson family. Now the Jacobean manor is also becoming well known for its role as a TV set. In recent times the team has welcomed film crews from all over the UK, including the BAFTA-winning crew from Last Tango in Halifax, screened on the BBC. Holdsworth House was lucky to be featured in the final three episodes of series two, when Caroline and Kate escaped for a romantic break at ‘a luxury hotel’. The manor was also the setting for Celia’s hen party and for the series finale wedding of Alan and Celia.
We are located less than a hundred metres from the route of The Calderdale Way, a 50 mile walking route which circles the borough.
Visit Yorkshire and discover a wealth of heritage, culture and TV film locations, all while staying at Holdsworth House. We are happy to advise on locations of attractions and how any entry tickets required can be obtained.
• £30 each towards evening dinner
• Overnight stay in a double room, based on two adults sharing
• Full Yorkshire breakfast
Visit our website for the lowest available rates or call 01422 240024
Terms and conditions: The Culture Break includes a dinner allowance in the restaurant of £30 per person per night (food only, excludes beverages). A limited number of rooms may be allocated to the offer, once this allocation has been sold you may be offered an alternative rate. Package price is reduced from our standard tariff. Cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount, offer or promotion. All extras to be settled on departure. Main picture courtesy of Kyte Photography. Standard booking terms and conditions apply.
- There is a designated Accessible bedroom on the ground floor with a spacious en suite shower room.
- We also have bedrooms with showers (not a shower over the bath).
- An accessible parking space is available close to the rear hotel entrance.
- There is an adapted toilet near reception.
- Please note, as a Grade II listed building Holdsworth House does not have a lift and there are stairs leading to and from the restaurant and some function rooms.
- Our teams are trained in assisting guests with mobility concerns; wheelchair ramps are also available upon request.